Embrace every colour of the rainbow this season with fun stripes, rainbow motifs, and irresistible colours from your favourite brands.
Mirroring SS18 trends in womenswear, rainbows are a definite THING this season and they’re everywhere from swimwear to knits and separates. And what could capture the imaginations of children more than the promise of a lucky pot of gold for one lucky enough to discover the magical end of the rainbow?
A universal symbol of hope, the rainbow is as pure and fleeing as childhood itself. Saturated with colour and a decidedly throw-back vibe that evokes the roller derby and disco madness of the 1970’s, rainbows are again having their moment in the sun.
In honour of the seven colours of the rainbow, here’s the Junior Style round up of this season’s rainbow-inspired faves:
This White Knitted Jumper by Bobo Choses available at Nordstrom is perfect for transitional dressing and uber on-trend. Buy it one size up for an oversized look that will last for seasons to come.
- The Gobi tank top by Bandy Button from Thumbeline is chock full of all the 70’s skater vibes we love. Pair it with denim cut-offs and hit the skate park.
- This hand-knit rainbow pom blanket by Cabbages and Kings from Maisonette is perfect for cool summer nights by the fire pit.
- Snag this classic style tee in chic multi-coloured stripes by Bonton available from Smallable. Classy never goes out of style.
- The two-piece Saria swimsuit by Wolf and Rita from Little Rags and Riches is the epitome of pool side chic.
- Molo’s Maxi White Star sweatshirt from Alex and Alexa is oversized for maximum style and longer wear. Bonus: a painted rainbow no one can resist! Pair it with their favourite worn-in denim or a skater skirt for a chic weekend look.
- Yporqué’s irresistible Rainbow dress from Orange Mayonnaise is as bright and sparkly as she is. This easy silhouette will take her from playground to party without missing a beat.